Have you written a short story or novel? Before you have your work professionally copyedited, you might consider a manuscript evaluation. This service is less expensive than a full copyedit and gives you an opportunity to address potential challenges in your manuscript.
My manuscript evaluation includes the following:
- Evaluation of writing technique (style and technical astuteness).
- Assessment of content (e.g, characterization, dialogue, credibility, narrative arc).
- Suggestions for developing/finessing the manuscript.
- Responses to three specific questions you submit with your manuscript.
Fees and Notes
- One-to-five-page submission: $75
- Six-to-ten page submission: $125
- Full manuscript: $125 for first 10 pages + $2 for each subsequent page
- Manuscript evaluations take five to eight weeks, depending upon the length of the submission.
- The evaluation comes in the form of a separate document. While I may make a few notes in the margins of your document, the evaluation does not include a copyeditor’s exhaustive commentary on the manuscript.
- The manuscript evaluation process is not a guarantee that your work will be published.